5 years ago on the 4th of August, David Nicholas and James Joy took the leap and established Essence Project Management.
From day one Essence was formed with the objective of being an employee-owned business focused on providing personalised service to improve the built environment. Passionate. Authentic. Human.
From humble beginnings, the business has grown to employ more than 40 people in Sydney and Melbourne. We have attracted great people to work on projects that motivate us to get up in the morning and occasionally keep us all up at night!
Essence is immensely proud of the support and encouragement we have received on our journey – from our industry colleagues, many of our competitors, our clients, our people past and present and importantly their immediate family.
Some of our highlights include:
- Being trusted to partner with many of Australia’s most respected public and private organisations
- The resilience of staff at all levels in the face of Covid
- Expanding our shareholder base to now comprise 10 staff
- Securing Carbon Neutral accreditation – leading the way for others to follow.
- Committing over 1% of our annual revenue to social and community initiatives
Although we cannot celebrate in person please raise a glass.
Cheers to the successes, the lessons learned from our mistakes, and bring on the fantastic opportunities, challenges and fun still to come.
Essence Project Management is a provider of Project Direction, Client Representation, Project Management, Independent Certification, Development Management and Superintendency services in Australia.